Most of my working life has been devoted to helping people achieve positive outcomes for themselves, their families or their communities.
I gained my first degree in psychology more than 20 years ago and spent the next 6 or 7 years conducting psychological research and teaching psychology to university undergraduates. I then worked as a social researcher for more than a decade, supporting community-based organisations in some of the country’s most socially disadvantaged areas to achieve greater outcomes for the people they work with.
During this time, I conducted dozens of different research projects, focused on gathering evidence about ‘what works’ in terms of bringing about positive impacts for people and changing their lives for the better. I loved this work, but moved into hypnotherapy, coaching and fitness work as I wanted to be more hands-on in working with individuals and groups, to inspire and motivate them to realise their potential.
For me, the work that I do is all about helping people to see a way forward for themselves, and providing them with effective strategies and tools to transform their lives. I work closely with all of my clients to really understand what will be most effective in bringing about sustained change for them, and then I do everything I can to help them achieve the change they want.
- BA (Hons) Social Sciences: Psychology (Providing British Psychological Society Graduate Basis for Registration)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Social Science Research Methods
- MA in Research Methodology
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy (UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy)
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (General Hypnotherapy Register)
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (London South Bank University)
- Certificate in Evidence-Based Hypnotherapy (UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy)
- Black Belt in Jeet Kun Do and Kali (under the legendary Guro Bob Breen)
Memberships and accreditations
- Registered with and certified as a Clinical Hypnotherapist by the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- Accredited Practitioner with the Hypnotherapy Standards Council
- Registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Registered with the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS)
I’m also an Anxiety UK Approved Therapist providing therapeutic support to the charity’s members and partner beneficiaries.