Most of my working life has been devoted to helping people achieve positive outcomes for themselves, their families or their communities.
I gained my first degree in psychology more than 20 years ago and spent the next 6 or 7 years conducting psychological research and teaching psychology to university undergraduates. I then worked as a social researcher for more than a decade, supporting community-based organisations in some of the country’s most socially disadvantaged areas to achieve greater outcomes for the people they work with.
During this time, I conducted dozens of different research projects, focused on gathering evidence about ‘what works’ in terms of bringing about positive impacts for people and changing their lives for the better. I loved this work, but moved into hypnotherapy, coaching and fitness work as I wanted to be more hands-on in working with individuals and groups, to inspire and motivate them to realise their potential.
For me, the work that I do is all about helping people to see a way forward for themselves, and providing them with effective strategies and tools to transform their lives. I work closely with all of my clients to really understand what will be most effective in bringing about sustained change for them, and then I do everything I can to help them achieve the change they want.
- BA (Hons) Social Sciences: Psychology (Providing British Psychological Society Graduate Basis for Registration)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Social Science Research Methods
- MA in Research Methodology
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Hypnotherapy (UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy)
- General Qualification in Hypnotherapy Practice (General Hypnotherapy Register)
- Level 3 Certificate in Personal Training (London South Bank University)
- Certificate in Evidence-Based Hypnotherapy (UK College of Hypnosis and Hypnotherapy)
- Black Belt in Jeet Kun Do and Kali (under the legendary Guro Bob Breen)
Memberships and accreditations
- Registered with and certified as a Clinical Hypnotherapist by the General Hypnotherapy Register (GHR)
- Accredited Practitioner with the Hypnotherapy Standards Council
- Registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council (CNHC)
- Registered with the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPS)
I’m also an Anxiety UK Approved Therapist providing therapeutic support to the charity’s members and partner beneficiaries. As such, I’m subject to Anxiety UK’s regular monitoring of my professional qualifications, supervision, continual professional development, insurance and professional body membership in addition to complying with the ethical framework and professional standards set down by my own registered governing bodies.
Full details of the Anxiety UK Approved Therapist scheme can be found here: www.anxietyuk.org.uk/getinvolved/therapists-at-anxiety-uk
You can get details about becoming a member of Anxiety UK here: www.anxietyuk.org.uk/membership.